Whether you’re exploring a new city or enjoying a staycation, museums are a great way for your family to learn new things and spend some quality time together. If you’re trying to plan a fun, educational family outing, these are the world’s best museums for kids:
1. The Children’s Museum of Houston includes an interactive FlowWorks exhibit that teaches kids about the scientific properties of water and how its movement can be controlled.
2. The Children’s City Museum in Dubai has a massive computer with a rideable mouse — a perfect way to escape from the intense heat outside.
3. Built on a former train repair facility, Canada’s Premiere Children’s Museum allows kids to explore a mystifying illusion tunnel.
4. The KidWorks Exhibit at the Port Discovery Children’s Museum of Baltimore boasts a three-story treehouse for kids to climb on, complete with slides and rope bridges.
5. The largest children’s museum in the world, the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, allows kids to star in their very own circus.
Even if you don’t plan on visiting any of the above cities, there may be a children’s museum closer to where you live. Check online to see if there are any museums for kids in or near your hometown.